Wichita Via Christi Foundation
Via Christi Foundation provides leadership, planning and implementation of Ascension Via Christi's efforts to raise philanthropic support of its mission to provide excellent healthcare to the community and region.
Via Christi Foundation serves the Ascension Via Christi mission of providing healthcare to all, especially the poor and underserved. We are grateful to the many individuals and organizations who give so generously to help others.
Via Christi Foundation funds a variety of areas including:
Children's Miracle Network Hospital at Ascension Via Christi
Ascension Via Christi clinical services
Supporting hospital capital improvements including facility renovation and the purchase of equipment and technology. Funding also supports patient “extras” to improve outcomes and services patients receive during their care. Some areas supported include:
- Behavioral Health
- Neuroscience, including Stroke and Epilepsy
- Oncology services and Cancer Wellness program
- Regional Burn Center
Care for the vulnerable
Supporting projects to benefit underserved people in our community. “Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers and sisters, you do to me” (Matthew 25:40). Some of these include:
- Ascension Via Christi Cancer Institute offers the latest treatments in a comforting environment designed to provide the ideal patient and family experience.
- Prevention-focused activities such as Safe Kids Coalition, car seat safety and senior wellness programs.
- International Family Medicine Fellowship prepares physicians to serve the poorest, most underserved people in the world. Since 2008, these specially trained fellows have provided lifesaving treatment around the globe.
- Community Cares and Transitional Care clinics.
- Forensic Nursing and Human Trafficking prevention, elderly abuse and child abuse treatment and support.
- Patient assistance, including transportation support, prescription assistance, lodging for out of town patients staying for extended outpatient procedures and more.